[ome-devel] python client - basic set-up question

Jacki Goldman Jacki.Goldman at cancer.org.uk
Mon Sep 19 14:11:12 BST 2011

Hi,

This is a really basic question.  I wanted to play around with Python scripts for OMERO, so I started by trying to follow the steps on the Python Client for beginners page (ome wiki).  I get an error on the client = omero.client(...) line because it can't find the Ice module.  I have downloaded ice and appended the path to the Ice-3.4.2\lib folder to my PYTHONPATH.

Can somebody please point out where I have gone wrong, so I can get on with making less basic mistakes :)

Many Thanks,
Jacki

Jacki Goldman
Science Application Developer
London Research Institute
Cancer Research UK
44 Lincoln's Inn Fields
London WC2A 3LY
phone: +44 (0)20 7269 3634
email: Jacki.Goldman at cancer.org.uk<mailto:Jacki.Goldman at cancer.org.uk>

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended for the above-named person(s). If you are not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately, delete this email from your system and do not disclose or use for any purpose.

We may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with current legislation. We have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus, but it remains your responsibility to ensure that viruses do not adversely affect you.
Cancer Research UK
Registered in England and Wales
Company Registered Number: 4325234.
Registered Charity Number: 1089464 and Scotland SC041666
Registered Office Address: Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD.