[ome-devel] bio-formats slow under WIndows

Rubén Muñoz ruben.munoz at embl.de
Fri Oct 7 12:56:12 BST 2011

Dear bioformats developers,

Once more by using bio-formats I address you up with a performance question.
Maybe the answer is obvious for you people, but not for me. It could also be an issue.

Bioformats is much slower on Windows than on Linux. Could that be? I am having this for long time.

Same (local) files, same loci_tools.jar and loci.formats.tools.ImageConverter give 4x slower rates on windows.
Does it have to do with java interpreter. Does it have to do with the filesystem?

-Xmx512m was the only argumet used (no compression).

Thanks and regards,
Rubén