[ome-devel] Changes to SCIFIO branches on bio-formats.git

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Fri Nov 11 21:46:56 GMT 2011

Hi everyone,

As we prepare to merge some recent Bio-Formats work, we have cleaned up the
git history for two branches on LOCI's bio-formats.git repository.
Specifically, the scifio and scifio-refactor branches have been rebased.
Many thanks to Johannes Schindelin for making it happen.

IMPORTANT -- If you had a clone of Bio-Formats from origin server
dev.loci.wisc.edu, and checked out the scifio-refactor branch, you will
need to "git reset --hard origin/scifio-refactor" to get back in sync. (It
may be similar for the scifio branch too, although on my system it worked
to use "git pull --rebase" instead.)

The plan is to merge the scifio branch to develop on Monday, while the
scifio-refactor branch continues the exploratory SCIFIO work.

Soon, the scifio-refactor branch will start being synced with the
git.openmicroscopy.org origin server. And hopefully it will not need to be
rebased any further.

Regards,
Curtis

P.S. For those curious, SCIFIO ("SCientific Image Formats I/O") is a
project to further modularize Bio-Formats, adding new features and making
it easier to extend beyond microscopy and the life sciences. We will send
out more details in coming months as the project gets further along.