[ome-devel] accessing ome-metadata from matlab.

Grabmayr, Heinrich Heinrich.Grabmayr at ph.tum.de
Wed Nov 2 16:33:41 GMT 2011

Hey everyone,

I am building a LabView-controlled fluorescence microscope. As a data format for saving the acquired images, I chose ome.tif, and therefore wrote a dll putting the image and metadata into a tif file. It all seems to be working out quite fine by now, the command line tool tells me I have a valid ome.tif, and using the loci plugin for imageJ, I can display everything OK.
There are some issues left, though. I have written some matlab code for image evaluation, and some of that access metadata. Lately, I cannot access that any more, though. I have made some minor changes to the OME-xml, and updated to a new loci_tools.jar and bio-formats.jar, but changing back does not help which confuses me. So I wouldlike to ask you guys whether you might find anything wrong in my ome-xml that the command line tool does not, and whether you can access metadata via matlab with the script I wrote to check.
The script returns sensible values only for getPixelsSizeX, it returns the current date and time when asking for the acquiredDate, always returns one for getImageCount and getChannelCount and otherwise, it returns nothing.

I attach the metadata checking matlab script and a sample image
Any help is highly appreciated

Best
   Heinrich