[ome-devel] Building OMERO from source

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 16:53:17 BST 2011

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to package OMERO as an rpm and make it available to fedora
users as part of our fedora-medical initiative[1]. I've looked on the
site etc., but haven't found a lot of documentation on how to build
OMERO from source. Could you please point me to the correct
documentation?

I'd very grateful if you could also list out the software required to
build OMERO from source. I need to make use of jars etc. already
packaged for fedora[2]. If there's a build dependency that isn't
packaged for fedora, I will first package it before moving on to OMERO.

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-medical

[2]http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Java#Things_to_avoid
--
Thanks,