[ome-devel] Default server configuration for Importer and Insight

Woodbridge, Mark R m.woodbridge at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Feb 25 09:06:40 GMT 2011

Hello Josh,

Thanks for that. Sorry if this has got a bit confusing.

My original request was for a way to configure the default server hostname for Insight and Importer. As far as I know, the current status is that Jean-Marie has implemented it for Insight (ticket #4221) but not the Importer. Perhaps it isn't necessary for the Importer if we can import using Insight in the future.

So to answer your question, we're not modifying any importer config file, but we would be if we could configure the server name. We will be modifying container.xml to configure it for Insight.

As you know, we distribute the clients using Web Start, which means that it's easy to ensure that all our users have the same confiiguration.

Mark.