[ome-devel] Custom authentication backend

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Fri Feb 4 11:29:03 GMT 2011

Hi Mark,

This sounds like a great plan, and I'm interested to see how it works out. You will need a Spring bean, though. Copy something like:

  http://git.openmicroscopy.org/?p=ome.git;a=blob;f=components/server/resources/ome/services/service-ome.api.IAdmin.xml;h=5af5a262b6dbaa64d8a9b630358cdc963487e3dd;hb=refs/heads/develop

and make sure it is matches the name ome/services/service-*.xml inside of extensions.jar and contains only the reference to your bean. Whatever name you give the bean should be the value for password_provider. E.g.:

  bin/omero config set omero.security.password_provider imperialPasswordProvider

Other info is available under

  http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/wiki/ExtendingOmero

but speak up if we can help with anything.

Cheers,
~Josh