[ome-devel] ome.xml.model.Polyline

Will Moore will at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Wed Apr 13 23:24:00 BST 2011

Hi Adam,

  Another thing to be aware of:
Unfortunately the Insight measurement tool hasn't been writing
Polyline strings exactly as the model describes.
http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/4392

This should be fixed in the 4.3 release (database upgrade to fix
existing Polylines too).
So, if you're reading Polyline points from the current measurement
tool, you'll need to parse them differently after the 4.3 upgrade.

Apologies for this hassle,

   Will.

On 13 Apr 2011, at 23:08, Curtis Rueden wrote:

> Hi Adam,
>
> The ome.xml.model.Polyline class, as well as most of ome-xml.jar, is
> autogenerated based on the OME-XML data model. The getters and
> setters available correspond to the attributes of the associated
> element of OME-XML. So that's why you only see a getter for the
> String—the XML element stores the coordinates as strings. Hence,
> there is not really any better API for working with the coordinate
> list.
>
> This is one reason we should develop our own ROI data model classes
> in ImageJ2, rather than directly leveraging the ones in ome-xml.jar.
> We will still support the OME data model by an adapter layer.
>
> -Curtis
>
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Adam Fraser <afraser at broadinstitute.org
> > wrote:
> I need to iterate over points in a ome.xml.model.Polyline object,
> but the only getter I can find in the API is getPoints which returns
> a string. I'm sure I could parse it by hand, but my guess is there's
> a better way to iterate over this data.
>
> Thanks,
> Adam

William Moore
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street