[ome-devel] omero-cpp

Jerome Avondo jeromeavondo at msn.com
Tue Oct 12 14:25:16 BST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to get up and running with the C++ interface to OMERO 4.2.

However I have a problem....
I have recompiled a simple c++ test program (using the 4.2 lib/headers) that was working with 4.1...
See attached code for the program itself...

I seem to generate the following error as soon as I try and retrieve any objects from omero:

>BasicStream.cpp:442: Ice::UnmarshalOutOfBoundsException:
>protocol error: out of bounds during unmarshaling

for example, when calling this line:

omero::model::PixelsPtr pixelsObject = gateway->getPixels(pixelId);

or this line:

omero::model::ImagePtr img = gateway->getImage(imgId);

same error....

Not sure what is going on here, tried it on two different omero 4.2 servers, that where setup by different people (myself and our ntwk admin) and it seems a consistent error. So unless both omero servers are incorrectly setup, which would be strange but still possible :), I would start ruling out the omero install....

So either my code is wrong (changes since 4.1?) or something else is going on....
any help would be welcome,

J.