[ome-devel] Zeiss 710

Rubén Muñoz ruben.munoz at embl.de
Tue Oct 5 10:29:36 BST 2010

Hi Curtis and Will,

I haven been using OMERO recently, but make efforts in having our OME.TIF in good shape, including SPW. This will permit us to migrate across imaging platforms.
The problem with some ome.tif (generated by scripting or by companies) is that multi-file and SPW capabilities can be missing.
The same way that OMERO has a solution for this, we though in having a file-based command-line tool.

I consider the ImageJ plugins and macros a temporal solution, because actually they can be slow for our throughput.
Therefore tried this with bfconvert, even when appending to existing OME.TIF is not supported yet.

However wIth the latest revision of bioformats 7034 when I output the bfconvert to the same file consecutively, the file is always getting bigger in size.

Is appending to OME.TIF a work in progress or is there a bug there?

Thanks for the help, best regards,

Rubén