[ome-devel] OMERO account question

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Fri Oct 1 08:47:01 BST 2010

Hi BK,

The search service does something similar. On every save, the Image has its metadata parsed into the Lucene index regardless of its permission settings. Then, when a user queries, if the Image is not visible to that user based on permissions or groups, then the Image will not be returned. A "public index" like that may be the most efficient way to handle your use case, but doing this for anything other than Lucene is currently only at the brainstorming stage.

Assuming that each of the features which you are attaching to your image are in OMERO.tables as we discussed, then there is a place you could put them which would allow any user to reference the features. See http://hudson.openmicroscopy.org.uk/job/OMERO/javadoc/ome/api/IAdmin.html#moveToCommonSpace(ome.model.IObject...)

Then it would be possible to read across all the tables and find a similar Image *but* if the Image were not public, then the user would not be able to load the Image itself. That may be more appropriate in your case.

Cheers,
~Josh