[ome-devel] Upgrading your OMERO4.1 database

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Thu May 6 08:33:12 BST 2010

(forwarding to list from ticket:1434)

 Hi Alessandro,

> While trying to upgrade the OMERO database from version 4.1 to
> version 4.2 by using the script committed on:
> http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/browser/trunk/sql/psql/OMERO4.2-DEV__0/OMERO4.1__0.sql?rev=6068
>
> I get the following error:

Thanks for taking the time to let us know, but I can only say you
almost certainly *don't* want to be doing this. We are currently on
version OMERO4.2-RC__4, working towards a release within the next
month. We don't provide upgrade scripts between the intermediate
steps, so upgrading from OMERO4.1__0 to OMERO4.2-DEV__0 will get you
into a dead-end.

If you would like to help us test 4.2, that'd be great, but you'll
need to start from a fresh database and wait for things to calm down
just a bit. (OMERO4.2-RC__5 should be coming out shortly).

If you were trying to do something else specifically, let us know and
we'll see if we can't help you out.

Cheers,
~Josh.