[ome-devel] Beta 4.2.0 RC1

Chris Allan callan at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Jul 1 20:41:22 BST 2010

The OME team is pleased to announce its first release candidate (RC) for Beta 4.2.0. This release is NOT INTENDED for those faint of heart and SHOULD NOT be used on production systems. Our primary intent on releasing this RC is to tease out any issues with the database upgrade from Beta 4.1.0 and catch any final deployment issues.

There are a few tickets still open for Beta 4.2.0 and these can be viewed here:

  http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/milestone/OMERO-Beta4.2

Much of the primary documentation on the website is in flux as we transition to Beta 4.2.0 targeted documentation but please do feel free to make any comments about lacking or blatantly incorrect portions.

The following RC builds are somewhat developer centric in their presentation. If you do not know what to do with these builds or which builds to use we encourage you to wait until the Beta 4.2.0 final release.

OMERO.server, OMERO.importer:

  http://hudson.openmicroscopy.org.uk/job/OMERO/3487/

OMERO.insight, OMERO.editor

  http://hudson.openmicroscopy.org.uk/job/INSIGHT/1715/

Bio-Formats

  http://hudson.openmicroscopy.org.uk/job/LOCI/2895/

OME data model (OME-XML and OME-TIFF)

  http://www.ome-xml.org/milestone/June-2010-Schema-Release

  http://www.ome-xml.org/browser/Xml/Release/2010-06/V1

We thank you in advance for your feedback. An e-mail should follow in quick succession with details on what to expect from the database upgrade and how to provide feedback to us in the event of a failure.

-The OME team