[ome-devel] search patterns including lucene's special characters

Bernhard Holländer bernhard.hollaender at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 11:44:52 GMT 2010

Hi Josh!

Thanks for the info. Good to know it's already on your radar ;-)

> We don't yet have a solution for this which won't make other queries start failing, but any input about the various trade-offs, user preferences/assumptions, etc. are very welcome.

What I would expect to work is that names which are allowed to be set
are searchable. All fancy wildcard support is not required, however,
when quoting special characters the search should yield results. A
fallback might be to use SQL pattern matching for simple queries like
project-test*, at best this should be transparent to the user of the
search API.

Best wishes! Bernhard