[ome-devel] Compression in OME-TIFF file?

Ghislain Bonamy GBonamy at gnf.org
Fri Sep 4 17:15:12 BST 2009

Nick,

I am sure you are aware of this, but though I would point this out anyways. The JPEG200 compression is a lossless compression (not like regular JPEG). The advantage of LZW over JPEG2000 is that the image can still be read by other image readers. On the flip side JPEG2000 will give you much better compression of your data (in particular if your data is complex), but the image will only be correctly handled by Bio-Formats.

Best,

Ghislain Bonamy, PhD
Research Investigator

Genomic Institute of the