[ome-devel] session->closeOnDestroy() not closing session

Bernhard Holländer bernhard.hollaender at gmail.com
Tue May 5 14:47:29 BST 2009

Hi developers!

Maybe I do not understand the purpose of
ServiceFactoryPrx::colseOnDestroy, but when I do the following:

try {
    session_->ice_ping();
} catch (const Ice::ConnectionLostException& e) {
    // recreate session
    session_ = client_->createSession(username_, password_);
    session_->closeOnDestroy();
}

I need to call client_->closeSession() before I can create it again,
otherwise I get a client error. I thought the closeOnDestroy does the
session closing action automatically.

By the way, the call to client_->closeSession() was not required in omero3.1.

Thanks! Bernhard