[ome-devel] Ice::MemoryLimitException

Bernhard Voigt bernhard.voigt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 14:14:50 GMT 2009

Dear developers!

I'm trying to read project annotations from the annotation table. There are
many large text annotations to single projects, in total they could become a
few MB and I ran into Ice::MemoryLimitExceptions. I tried to only load the
link definition and loop through the list on the application level in order
to fetch single annotations. The code in Python is similar to this:

        query = '''
        select pal from ProjectAnnotationLink pal
        left  join pal.parent p
        where p.id = %i''' % projectId

        annotationLinks = queryService.findAllByQuery(query, None)

        for link in annotationLinks:
            query = '''
            select pal from ProjectAnnotationLink pal
            left join fetch pal.child a
            left outer join fetch a.details.creationEvent
            where pal.id = %i''' % link.id.val
            l = self.querys.findByQuery(query, None)
            yield l.child

However, I still get an Ice::MemoryLimitExcpetion during the execution of
the first query. Is this expected, how can I avoid this? Changing the
Ice.MessageSizeMax property to large values (several MB) didn't solve the
problem.

Thanks for help! Bernhard