[ome-devel] ome-tiff files: does it really needs to be named xx.ome.tif ??

Cornelissen, Frans [PRDBE] FCORNELI at its.jnj.com
Mon Jan 12 14:43:16 GMT 2009

Hi,

When using Tiff files, we would like to convert them to OME-tiff so that
they do contain the OME-XML metadata.

Currently the new files have to contain the .ome.tiff as extension
In our analysis processes, the altered name causes a disruption.

Question: is it really a hard requirement that the .ome. part is in the
filename?
This in itself is no proof of the fact that the file *really* contains a
valid OME-xml structure, so an application is probably going the check
internally to decide whether it is an OME file anyway...

Could the .ome. extension requirement be removed for importing ome-tiff
files into OMERO?

Best regards, frans cornelissen