[ome-devel] Annotation fields

Bernhard Voigt bernhard.voigt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 14:33:36 GMT 2009

Hi Josh!

>  > 1) is this the intentional usage of annotation-annotation-links and
>  > the namespace field
>
> Of namespaces, definitely. The AnnotationAnnotationLinks are also
> there to talk about annotations, but these should be used
> carefully. There's a danger of starting to do full-blown modeling with
> these inefficient types. If you realize before hand that you will be
> wanting to do this, the better solution is to define some format
> yourself -- file, binary, XML, CSV, etc. -- which will represent what
> you want to say. This we leave open to you, but will be looking to
> provide methods to help consume these in 4.1 and 4.2.

Ok, understood. However, creating a specific format and dumping it
into a text or file annotation makes searching and sorting difficult
if not impossible.

In order to avoid too many annotation-annotation links, would it be
possible to add more members to the base annotation class. E.g. name,
date, hidden just to name a few examples. Of course, this should be
limited to the most common use cases. What do you think?

Best wishes! Bernhard