[ome-devel] running queries that return types other than IObject

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Mon Feb 16 17:00:03 GMT 2009

Bernhard Voigt writes:
 > Hi all!

Hi Bernhard. And a happy belated Valentine's day to all.

 > Simple question: can one pass queries to the omero db via the
 > QueryService that do not yield IObjects, e.g
 > "select count(*) from Project;" ?

Simple answer: no. We have as yet not guaranteed that the count methods
can't return information which is private, and so that method is not
public. As soon as we do so, count queries will be supported.

What particular counts are you trying to perform?

 > I've seen that QueryImpl has an execute method, but this is not
 > exposed in the Ice API.
 >
 > By the way, I'm working with Omero3.1
 >
 > Thanks! Bernhard

~regards,