[ome-devel] 2009 OME User's Meeting-- Paris!

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Fri Feb 13 19:33:01 GMT 2009

Dear All-

We are proud to announce the next OME User's Meeting.  Prof Spencer
Shorte, Institut Pasteur has again agreed to be our host-- so once
again we will be in Paris!

Programme: The meeting will be held May 19-20, running from 0930 -
1730 both days, at the Institut Pasteur.  The major focus will be
discussing where the OME project is, and where it should go to meet
the community's needs.

The first morning will dedicated to short reports from OME developers
about where the different parts of the project our, and our current
roadmap   The first afternoon will be open to presentations from the
community, with the goal of hearing your requirements, wishes, own
efforts, and experiences with OME specifications, libraries, and
software.   All of your comments should be directed towards issues the
community needs to hear, and what OME should provide the community.
We will ask that these presentations be short-- 15 min max (please
understand that we will be strict with timing)-- with the goal of
driving discussion through the rest of the meeting.  If you want to
present, please let Spencer and me know, and we will get a programme
together for this.

We'll publish the full Programme in due course:  http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/events/ome-european-users-meeting-2009

Spencer and Christiane have worked hard to arrange a room that will
fit our growing size-- we can now accept a much larger number of
participants.  Regardless, it helps us ALOT to know how many people
are coming as soon as possible.  As in previous years, we will provide
lunch, and the meeting facilities, but we have no resources to support
travel, hotel, or other expenses.   However, we will try to make hotel
reservations for you-- please contact OME2009-Imagopole at pasteur.fr to
register for the meeting and get arrangements made.  Please do this as
soon as possible to guarantee a place.

If you or your organization are interested in helping to sponsor the
meeting, please contact Spencer or myself.  The Wellcome Trust has
generously dedicated some funds to support the costs of the meeting
venue.

We look forward to another great meeting-- these meetings have been
very exciting for all, and we look forward to another stimulating
couple of days in Paris.

As always, thanks for your support.

Cheers,

Jason & Spencer

**************************
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street