[ome-devel] The minimum 'requirements' for creating an OME-TIFF file, XML tag styles, and master list of OME-XML tags

Nick Perry nperry at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 28 11:05:03 BST 2009

Hi,

I'm wondering what the specifications are for a bare minimum OME-TIFF file.
I initially found a page specifying the minimum requirements for an OME-XML
file (http://www.ome-xml.org/wiki/MinimumSpecification) but this is missing
some of the tags found in the OME-TIFF specification page (
http://www.loci.wisc.edu/ome/ome-tiff-spec.html) including the <TiffData />
tag.

Also, is there somewhere I can find a 'master list' of all the tags the
OME-TIFF file format supports? I found what seems like a likely candidate
for what I want (
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/legacy/ome-server/developer/xml-schemata)
but it's really confusing and I'm not sure if one of those lists contains
all the elements of all the others (ie, my master list).

Lastly, as far as OMERO and bioformats is concerned, are </ome:OME> and
</OME> the same? The first is from
http://www.ome-xml.org/wiki/MinimumSpecification, while the second is from
http://www.loci.wisc.edu/ome/ome-tiff-spec.html. Would both styles of XML
validate with the bioformats command line tool, and would both successfully
read into OMERO (meaning, would files using either XML tag style both work)?

Thanks,
Nick