[ome-devel] Problem with metadata

Sebastian Cachero scachero at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Thu Oct 30 12:03:47 GMT 2008

Hi,

We have just installed omero in the lab and are having a couple of
problems while trying to import some confocal stacks from a number of
different microscopes (leica sp5, zeiss 510-710, biorad).

1. For some reason importing of leica .lif files fails (although
bioformats-importer has no trouble importing them to imageJ).

2. Zeiss files are imported correctly but we get only a limited amount
of the metadata from the original file.

3. Biorad .pic files get imported but have little metadata (same as
zeiss files) and the channel information is incorrect (a two channel
file gets imported as 6 channels, each one looking as being one slice
offset the others)

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Sebastian

MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology,
Hills Road,