[ome-devel] Plates and Wells

Bernhard Voigt bernhard.voigt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 14:44:14 GMT 2008

Hi Josh!

>  > Second, how to get the wells of an not fully loaded plate object:
>  > plate = omero.model.PlateI(someId) # or a query without a join to wells
>  > plate.getWellLinks() # does not exist
>
> You'll either have to reload the pixels or add a "join fetch" to your
> query.

Ok, I slowly understand a little bit of this. What did you mean by
reload the pixels?

Anyways, I could get the whole well information by putting a join
fetch p.wells into the query. How to guess all possible relatives of
an object, though? I reckon one could check the
components/model/resources/mappings/*.xml files and look to parent and
other relational nodes in object definitions. Is there also another
source of information?

> After that, however, you'll run into IPojos not supporting the screen
> types. I'll let Jean-Marie fill you in on what insight is doing at the
> moment.
Ok, nevermind. I think I can work out the querying myself - with a
little help from time to time ;-)

Thanks! Bernhard