[ome-devel] IAdminService changeGroup problem

Simon Kainz simon.kainz at tugraz.at
Fri May 30 13:08:44 BST 2008

Hello list!

I'm trying to change the ownership of projects, datasets and Images, but
 I'm not completety sucessful:

I import my images as an admin user and change the ownership later.

I use sf.getAdminService().changeOwner(...) for projects, datasets and
Images. This works, and OMERO.insight shows me the right ownerships.

But I can't delete my images within OMERO.insight, by doing this I get
the following exception: DS.OutOfServiceException: Cannot delete the object.

I inspected the database and see, that the group ownership is still
system, so i tried to change this to the group of my user, using
changeGroup(...).

But this doesn't work: I get a SecurityViolation; Object locked! Cannot
change group for entity:.....

So how do I use changeGroup(..) correctly ?

Thank you, Simon