[ome-devel] OMERO API Import: Exception on Pixels download inside Insight

Jost Gundelach omero at gundelacht.de
Tue Mar 11 16:52:05 GMT 2008

Hello there,

thanks for help Chris. But the top level build does not create the 'target/generated/resources' :-|

Still I try get the importer to run in the Eclipse environment, but I needed up to now the following workarounds to solve some problems:

1.
To get the 'target/generated/resources' I copied the ivy.xml from base directory and cleared the dependencies. The build had then some problems I ignored ;-)

-----snip------snip------snip------
/home/omero/devel/omero3.0-Beta2.3/components/bioformats-omero/src/ome/formats/importer/ImportFixture.java:24: package ome.model.containers does not exist
import ome.model.containers.Dataset;
-----snip------snip------snip------

2.
The loci.formats.ome.OMEXML2003FCMetadata missed the imports from org.openmicroscopy.xml.*. To fix this, I downloaded the ome-java.jar from http://www.loci.wisc.edu/ome/formats.html and put it into the library path.

3.
Also I had to download jgoodies forms

4.
testNG I found in lib\repository\testng\testng\5.2-jdk15

Now I am looking for fixes of unresolved types from the following imports
loci.formats.ome.OMEUtils.java misses the imports ij.gui (ImageJ API) and loci.plugins
omero.importer.engine.OMEROMetadataStore.java misses loci.formats.MetadataStore and loci.formats.MetadataStoreException
MetadataAutogen misses import org.apache.velocity.*.*

I am getting the feeling, that Eclipse is not supported or used for a long time ! Or what did I wrong?
We are focused at omero3.0-Beta2.3 and can not change our development to trunk now at this point!

Again: I wish to get my files archived, which does not work with the following code:

File[] files2store = new File[] {myTiffFile};
store.setOriginalFiles(files2store);

// Code mostly copied from ImportFixture

store.writeFilesToFileStore(files2store, pixId.get(0).getId());

This do not produce any file in the servers /OMERO/Files directory. I am not able to debug the JBoss, because I don't get the breakpoint to work in the RawFileBean.write method. The remote debugger does not halt on the breakpoint.

howl........thanks a lot for help...... a kingdom for ....

Best Regards
Jost

--
Jost Gundelach, Dipl.-Inf.
c.a.r.u.s. HMS GmbH

Amtsgericht/Register Court: Kiel, HRB 4587 NO
Sitz/Registered Office: Norderstedt
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Karl-Heinz Witt, Dr. Matthias Rath