[ome-devel] OmeroSessions

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Thu Feb 7 11:45:07 GMT 2008

All-

I've just commited my sessions branch to the OMERO trunk. This comes
with the added bonus of upping the database version to OMERO3A__2, so
you'll need to re-create for testing purposes.** I'll be stabilizing
the code over the next couple of weeks, so please let me know if you
experience any issues. (Session time outs, overly long pauses as the
server collects old sessions, etc.) There should also be an overall
improvement in performance, on the order of 50% of previous call time
for some binary calls (e.g. getPlane() for a 512 by 512 image), though
we may need to reconfigure individual methods to see the benefit.

I will be writing up the functionality under

  https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/wiki/OmeroSessions

Several unit tests under tools/OmeroPy show the use of the ISession
service, but in general once you have the new database, there's
nothing you need to do to take advantage of sessions (initially).

Cheers,
Josh.

** The SQL upgrade scripts are still being finalized as we decide on
the best way to handle the structured annotation migration.