[ome-devel] The Blitz struck on X-Mas

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Tue Dec 30 13:46:55 GMT 2008

Matthias Dunda writes:
 > Hi Josh,

Hi Matthias.

 > unfortunately I cannot start ./bin/omero admin start
 >
 > it terminates with a file not found:
 >
 > > ./bin/omero admin start
 > > /home/mdu/OMERO.server-build1460/bin/omero(43)<module>()
 > -> import omero.cli
 > (Pdb) n
 > > /home/mdu/OMERO.server-build1460/bin/omero(44)<module>()
 > -> rv = omero.cli.argv()
 > (Pdb) n
 > ['admin', 'start']
 > > /home/mdu/OMERO.server-build1460/lib/omero/cli.py(535)invoke()
 > -> stop = self.onecmd(line)
 > (Pdb) n
 > Error:[Errno 2] No such file or directory
 > > /home/mdu/OMERO.server-build1460/lib/omero/cli.py(536)invoke()
 > -> stop = self.postcmd(stop, line)
 > (Pdb) c
 >
 > There it tries to invoke "admin start" but I think it cannot find
 > the admin.py module, right?

Hmmm... If you got this far, my assumption would be that some piece of
the Ice infrastructure is not installed properly. What OS are you
installing on? Knowing you, probably a Debian, in which case: what
packages do you have installed?

You'll definitely need to have both icegridnode and glacier2router on
your PATH.

 > So maybe this is a configuration issue...
 >
 > Any hint?
 >
 > Thanks Matthias
 >
 > PS:
 >
 > > for the proper way to start the blitz server. This documentation will
 > > be merged with the main installation instructions during the release
 > > process for Beta4. Do you know where you saw "java -jar blitz.jar"? We
 > > will need to make sure that reference is also removed.
 >
 > I found this at the bottom of http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/wiki/OmeroBuild for the standalone blitz server.

Thanks for that. We'll be sure to update OmeroBuild when we do the
Beta4 documentation conversion.

~J.