[ome-devel] building omero3.[1,2] with java 1.5

Bernhard Voigt bernhard.voigt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 10:33:02 GMT 2008

Hi developers,

I tried building the current omero relasese 3.1.1 and 3.2 with java version
1.5.0.14 and I get the following error, right in the beginning of the
compilation and the build fails:

Buildfile: build.xml

ivy-init:
:: Ivy 2.0.0-beta2 - 20080225093827 :: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ ::
[Error] :43:30: cos-nonambig: "":license and WC[##any] (or elements from
their substitution group) violate "Unique Particle Attribution". During
validation against this schema, ambiguity would be created for those
twoparticles.
...... lots of the same error.....

With java 1.6 I was able to compile omero successfully. Any suggestions
other than changing to 1.6 to make it work on older java installations?

Thanks! Bernhard