[ome-devel] OME European User's Meeting; April 29/30

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Apr 17 17:29:03 BST 2008

Dear All-

We've had a strong response to our announcement of the OME European
User's Meeting.  We're very excited to have such a broad cross-
section of the community attending.  A few announcements:

-- The final programme is up:  http://www.openmicroscopy.org/latest/
euro2008-04.html

-- We very much want to want to promote communication with the
community at this meeting.  Therefore we will open the first
afternoon to presentations from the community, with the goal of
hearing your requirements, wishes, own efforts, and experiences with
OME specifications, libraries, and software.   All of your comments
should be directed towards issues the community needs to hear, and
what OME should provide the community.  We will ask that these
presentations be short-- 10 min max (please understand that we will
be strict with timing)-- with the goal of driving discussion through
the rest of the meeting.  If you want to present, please let Spencer
and me know, and we will get a programme together for this.

-- Due to the strong response, we must close registration, mostly
because we cannot exceed the capacity limit of the room we have
reserved.  If you have planned to join the meeting, but have not
registered, please do let us know.  If we have to find another room,
we will certainly try, however, we currently MUST LIMIT attendance to
only those who have already registered with Mme.  Pacaud.  In short,
we MUST KNOW if you plan to attend the meeting.  If you have already
registered, then you are included and need not do anything more.  If
you haven't registered but want to attend, do let us know and we will
try to work this out.  We can't guarantee a solution, but will try.

We are very excited about the meeting and look forward to seeing you
in Paris.

As always, thank you for your interest and support.

Cheers,

Jason

**************************
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street