[ome-devel] OMERO Libraries Upgrade

Josh Moore josh.moore at gmx.de
Fri Aug 3 15:47:18 BST 2007

In a first push toward OMERO3 Beta3, which stands a good chance of
becoming the Droid release...

  "I'm C3PO human cyborg relantionship and this is my counterpart O3-B3."

  "Excuse me sir, but that O3-B3 is in prime condition, a real bargain."

  "I've placed information vital to the survival of the rebellion into
    the memory systems of this O3 unit."

...I'll be committing upgrades to the JBoss, Hibernate, Spring, and
Log4j libraries for OMERO next week. This will require all clients to
replace the existing JBoss libraries with the 4.2.1 versions to be
found (then) under lib/repository:

  https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/browser/trunk/lib/repository

It should not be necessary to upgrade client-side Spring libraries.

Anyone who is deploying the server will need to download a JBoss 4.2.x
server, which has full support for EJB3 and a functioning web console
and other niceties. See:

  http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=22866&package_id=16942&release_id=523619

Anyone who would like to deploy the O3B3 server against an existing
database will need the upcoming upgrade script, due to the
introduction of LDAP support. Instructions for that will come with the
commit.

Also, the new Hibernate version has become less tolerant of certain
illegal queries. If something was working and stops doing so, see:

  https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/ticket/767

Take care and may the source be with you. *Hangs head in shame*
~Josh.