[ome-devel] things I don't understand

Bernd Jagla baj2107 at columbia.edu
Tue Sep 12 15:20:42 BST 2006

Hi there,

So I came to the conclusion that I will dig into the sources a little bit
and try to figure out what is actually going. On my journey I will come
across a few things that I don't understand. And I will share those findings
with you (for the better or worse).

Please feel free to send any comments that might help me understand what is
going on. Thanks in advance.

Bernd

Ok, now here is the first one:

I found the directory src/perl2/t and assume that this is just doing some
basic tests. But why are so many of these tests failing?

Here is the list of tests that fail with me. I don't think they are relevant
because I haven't found those libraries in any of my downloads.

But why are they there?

not ok 1 - use OME::Analysis;

not ok 1 - use OME::AnalysisView;

not ok 1 - use OME::Attribute;

not ok 1 - use OME::DataType;

not ok 1 - use OME::Group;

not ok 1 - use OME::ImportExport::DVreader;

not ok 1 - use OME::ImportExport::Exporter;

not ok 1 - use OME::ImportExport::Export_writer;

not ok 1 - use OME::ImportExport::FileUtils;

not ok 1 - use OME::ImportExport::Importer;

not ok 1 - use OME::ImportExport::Import_reader;

not ok 1 - use OME::ImportExport::STKreader;

not ok 1 - use OME::ImportExport::TIFFreader;

not ok 1 - use OME::ImportExport::TIFFwriter;

not ok 1 - use OME::Program::CalculateImageStatistics;

not ok 1 - use OME::Program::Definition;

not ok 1 - use OME::Program;

not ok 1 - use OME::Analysis::AnalysisEngine;