[ome-devel] Omero Question

Glenn Pierce pierce at gci.ac.uk
Mon Oct 23 13:24:26 BST 2006

Hi

I am trying to setup the omero server to do some development work.
I realise it is a work in process so wont bother people about the
install to much but
I was wondering whether the repositories are left in a state that they
build.

I ask because my build was failing on some tests for the
bioformats-omero directory.
I corrected a few of these by adding some import statements
but I am still left with errors complaining about the missing type
ImportLibrary.SimpleStep and TinyImportFixture and I am unable to find
these types.

If the trunk rarely compiles I will wait for the next milestone. I tried
the M2 branch but got many thrown exceptions, and as I wish to develop I
would rather
work with the trunk.

In the near future a plan to write a Java command line client app to
access the server to get familiar with the code base.
If sending patches would the developers like them attached to bugzilla
or set by email ?

Also sorry about sending this to the OME list I was unable to find a
mailing list on omero.

Thanks

Glenn Pierce