[ome-devel] DBD::Pg & PerlModuleTask.pm

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Mon Oct 2 17:01:11 BST 2006

Hi,

It looks like PerlModuleTask.pm was out of date with versions of
DBD::Pg. In particular, version 1.22, which used to work, no longer
does with the latest versions of OME (something I discovered awhile
back and forced me to upgrade to 1.43). I have changed the
valid_versions for DBD::Pg to only 1.32 and 1.43, since they are the
only known working versions. I also updated the Red Hat/Fedora
installation instructions to remove perl-DBD-Pg from the list of RPMs
to install, and added a blurb about it similar to the one on the
Debian/Ubuntu page.

I think it's really important that we be as clear as possible about
the restrictions on DBD::Pg for OME. It is probably the most common
problem on the users list. Isn't there anything we can do about it to
make OME work with the latest versions of it?

-Curtis