[ome-devel] XML::LibXML and Later Versions of libxml2

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Fri May 19 17:48:45 BST 2006

Thanks for that, Chris.
I think its worth-while thinking about packaging some of these
dependencies with the code-base or at least the distribution (like
its done with Java).
We could go all the way and package all of the perl dependencies and
call "use lib /OME/perl/deps".  That would be equivalent to a Java
distro with a CLASSPATH.
Its not the "style" outside of Java for OSS apps, but we could
certainly adopt it for perl and still not step on anybody's toes.  It
would get around all kinds of installation issues.
What do you think of that?
-Ilya