[ome-devel] Cvs install broken

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed May 3 16:46:15 BST 2006

Hi Kris,

I've seen similar DBD::Pg::db errors before. It seems various versions
of DBD::Pg (including some of the latest ones) are broken with respect
to OME. On our Debian systems, DBD::Pg 1.32 definitely works (I am
fairly sure 1.22 also works). Alternately, you can refrain from
installing DBD::Pg manually or with your package manager, and instead
allow the OME installer to download and install its preferred version,
which I believe should work.

I was planning to test my claims with the latest OME from CVS today, but
ran into an error of my own much earlier (included below, in case anyone
else knows what's wrong).

-Curtis

-------------------
 Core Binary Setup
-------------------

(All verbose information logged in /var/tmp/OME/install/BinaryBuilds.log)

Installing OMEIS
  \_ Configuring [FAILURE].

Errors executing task: Unable to configure module, see BinaryBuilds.log
for details. at (eval 36) line 1

 at ./install.pl line 81
        main::run_tasks() called at ./install.pl line 265

-------------------
curtis at skyking:~/OME$ tail /var/tmp/OME/install/BinaryBuilds.log
 checking for strdup... yes
 checking for strerror... yes
 checking for strstr... yes
 configure: creating ./config.status
 config.status: creating Makefile
 config.status: creating zoom/Makefile
 config.status: creating zoom/lib/Makefile
 config.status: error: cannot find input file: t/Makefile.in
"