[ome-devel] making javascript work in the HTML templates

august august at develop.ment.org
Mon Jul 31 17:09:43 BST 2006

> Hey
>
>   Yes the function does get called. The whole code actually works fine when we tried somewhere else as a normal HTML but as an OME .tmpl file it doesn't...

did you try this as well?:

	hi = document.forms['workset'].column1_name.value;

Maybe try looking at the source of the final html output after it is
rendered through the perl templating.   It may be that the entire output
is stuffed into another div or something.  If that is the case, then
your path [ hi = document.workset.column1_name.value; ] would be wrong,
I beleive.

If the javascript is being called, then it most likely a DOM problem.
I use Mozilla to test this stuff out 'cause it has a little javascript
error output under Tools->Javascript Console.

best  -august.