[ome-devel] Shoola login method

McCaughey, Michael J michael.j.mccaughey at Vanderbilt.Edu
Thu Dec 7 16:35:35 GMT 2006

I've started playing with Shoola, and am interested in the login process.  Harry has a great Wiki page on Shoola logins, but I have a couple of questions...

Shoola crafts a createSession call using XmlRpcCaller.login, and uses XML-RPC connection to execute it. This is using the createSession from SessionManager.pm on the server, no?  I've modified mine for LDAP, but if XmlRpcCaller.login is a simple call to createSession, then that shouldn't matter as the modified SessionManager will pull the necessary LDAP info from the configuration using a bootstrap factory, so in theory Shoola need not know or care. Am I correct here? And where the *$%^ is the class for XmlRpcCaller? I can't find it.

As for Shoola with LDAP, it doesn't work, although I don't think that's LDAP's fault.
Attempts to login with Shoola go splat with the error:
 failed to resolve handler `OME::Remote::Apache::XMLRPC': Can't locate Apache/Constants.pm in @INC
which implies something is wrong with Apache or my perl config.  Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Mike

Michael J. McCaughey, PhD
Molecular Physiology and Biophysics