[ome-devel] apache2.conf FollowSymLinks

august august at develop.ment.org
Wed Aug 2 19:44:48 BST 2006

Hey Developers,

Would it be possible to add something to the httpd2.web.conf?

A lot of times, I'll set up a symlink from /OME to point to some other
directory where I have space on the harddisk to install OME.   Not
having to type in the install directory makes it a WHOLE lot easier to
go through the install process.    Since "/OME" is the default, I just
choose to make a symlink.

However, after doing the install process, the web stuff won't work
unless you add 'Options FollowSymLinks' to the httpd2.web.conf like so:

        <Directory /OME>
                Order deny,allow
                Allow from all
                Options FollowSymLinks
        </Directory>

This option shouldn't really mess up anyone else afaict.

thanks -august.