[ome-devel] ome access with c++

Harry Hochheiser hsh at nih.gov
Thu Oct 6 18:03:23 BST 2005

Gerhard:

On Oct 6, 2005, at 12:31 PM, gerhard wrote:
> So thanks very much, this makes things a little bit clearer.

My pleasure.
> First of all is there any additional information about the Facade
> classes  ?

Not in terms of specific external documentation. Your best bet is to
read the source.
> As I tried to use your method call I got an error. The only thing I
> changed is my Session to
>
> >>OBJ:OME::Session=HASH(0x84a6f50)

Ok. I'm assuming that this is what you used when you sent the request
over? What you should be doing is to simply send the session key. If
you're doing this via the ome code, you'd use
$session->session_key().

If you put the session object in to the method request, you'll be
sending along all of the other state of the session as a hash, and
the server won't know what to make of it.

> The response was the following:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?
> name><value><string>Cannot find method Image in class
> retrieveObject at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/SOAP/Lite.pm line
> 2179

> fault></methodResponse>
>
> I tried the code both with the development version and the stable
> version. I think you use also the ./Standalonserver in OME:REMOTE.
I'm not using StandaloneServer in OME::Remote.  like Dispatcher.pm,
this file should be deprecated. The OME installation should configure
Apache to support XML-RPC services at the URL http://yourhostname/shoola

-harry