[ome-devel] Apache2/mod_perl2

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Wed Oct 5 01:43:28 BST 2005

Hi all
I've made some changes in the code to fix compatibility with
Apache2/mod_perl2, and also some fixes with Josiah's help to fix
compatibility with PostgreSQL-8.
These allow OME to run on Fedora Core 4 (without SE-linux), and
probably also (hopefully) an up-to-date version of your favorite
distro.

For those interested, there are now no fewer than three incompatible
APIs for Apache mod_perl.  The Apache 1/mod_perl1 style, the aborted
but frequently used Apache2/mod_perl1.99 style, and the brand new
(why?) Apache2/mod_perl2 style.  All of these are supported now.
Hopefully these APIs are stabilized and we won't have to deal with this
again for a while.

These changes were tested on various Fedoras (and OS X) that represent
the three mod_perl APIs.  Please report if your mileage varies.

Enjoy!
Ilya