[ome-devel] ome access with c++

gerhard bi1825 at fh-weihenstephan.de
Mon Oct 3 16:41:22 BST 2005

Ilya Goldberg wrote:

> On Sep 27, 2005, at 5:44 AM, gerhard wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for your answers,
>> At the moment I deal with QT so I just thought about a
>> simple application to query the database and get a specific picture out
>> of OME.
>> Because QT has classes for http and xml it should be no problem to use
>> them to access OME.
>> But how works OME inside. The use of XML-RPC can only query the
>> database. So I can use this to get an specific Picture ID out of OME and
>> then use the ID to contact OMEIS. Is this right?
>
> Yes.  Specifically, the ID you want to send OMEIS is
> Image.default_pixels.ImageServerID
> The URL to the OMEIS server that's storing the given pixels (there may
> be more than one OMMEIS defined) is
> Image.default_pixels.Repository.ImageServerURL
>
> You can request that OMEIS render the pixels for you (3 channels max)
> and return a tiff, jpeg or png:
> http://www.openmicroscopy.org/api/omeis/composite.html
>
> Or you can get an arbitrarily-sized thumbnail of the previously-set
> "view" for the image, or you can request arbitrary planes/stacks/ROIs
> of raw pixel data and render them yourself.
>
>> And what happens if I import an picture to OMEIS. Am I responsible for
>> calling the proper methods so that OME (Database) knows about the new
>> picture?
>
> OMEIS and OME operate independently.  More exactly, OMEIS doesn't know
> anything about OME.  So yes, you would import a File (or Pixels) into
> OMEIS, then create a new OME Image and a new set of Pixels (or another
> set of Pixels for an existing Image), and specify the ImageServerID
> you get from the OMEIS FinishPixels call (as well as a reference to
> the correct Repository object).
>
> -Ilya

Hello,
looking at the specification from XML-RPC it should be no problem to use
xml-rpc within QT. But how can I login into OME. I  took a look at the
ALLIGATOR tool.
Alligator send the following post to login:
<methodCall>
      <methodName>createSession</methodName>
      <params>
      </params>
</methodCall>

I tried to post the same. As result I got the following:

<?xml version="1.0"
create session at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/OME/Remote/Dispatcher.pm line 172.

So is there a way how I can login into the system.

Thanks very much gerhard