[ome-devel] Image import into OME

Harry Hochheiser hsh at nih.gov
Mon Nov 28 14:36:33 GMT 2005

Gerhard:

First, a clarification. The URL's given on that synopsis page refer
simply to loading files into OMEIS - not into the OME database
itself. If you use curl to execute those commands, you will end up
with pixels in OMEIS, but not corresponding records in the database.
(Ilya, please clarify if I've mis-spoken here).

There is code in the Import Facade to handle importing via XML-RPC.
However, it has not been widely used and I am personally almost
completely unfamiliar with it.

If I were to want to do this, I would probably model my code against
the contents of TestImport.java - found in the OME-JAVA package.
TestImport calls ImportManager.java to do some of its work, but most
of the details are found in TestImport itself.

What exactly are you trying to do? There may be some easier ways to
approach this question if we have a bit more context?

-harry