[ome-devel] annotations

Tomasz Macura tm289 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Nov 26 12:28:21 GMT 2005

Bernd,

> Some of the issues I see are that the only reliable way to link the
> data is through the directory structure. The spreadsheet importer
> needs images IDs that have to be obtained from OME so a simple script
> to re could help you expandformat the results file wouldn’t work.
Actually the spreadsheet importer works on names (OME names) too.
The spreadsheet importer can do alot more than the web documentation
(it's out of date). Try ome help annotate wizards for more info on what
is possible. We can talk off the ome-devel list about this.

Please take a look at the spreadsheet importer again. It is really
powerful and can get alot done. I am not 100% sure about what it is you
need to do, but it might be the case that the easiest way to proceed is
to expand the the importer`s functionality. I can do that for you.

One thing I was wondering about was how to make the spread-sheet
importer also use SHA1 digests or original-file names (not just OME
names/image ids) as foreign keys. I didn't implement it because we
didn't have a good use-case. You might be just the use-case I was
looking for.

I think the right way of thinking about your problem is: "can I write a
script to convert the results file into a csv file were each row is an
image and the columns are image annotation information". You can do some
of if programatically, and tweak the rest in excel.

Tom