[ome-devel] Archiving Utility for Image Files

Josiah Johnston siah at nih.gov
Wed Nov 16 23:18:11 GMT 2005

Great job. That's been a long standing bug.
Chris or Ilya or Tomasz will have to comment on the changes to omeis. I
haven't messed with it for a long while.
I found one bug in the system.
	I imported the HTD images from the samples available on
http://openmicroscopy.org/TestImages/
	I looked at the first image, which was named "010B1-011B1 Morph Well
P01 Site 2", then clicked "download them all at once"
	I got an error.
I tracked the error to problems archive.c was having with spaces in the
file name. As a work-around, I changed your getDownloadAllURL method to
substitute spaces with underscores.

After that, it seemed to work fine.

I didn't notice any breakages, but I don't have a system set up to
torture test omeis. I'm not sure OME/Web.pm is the best place for a
function specific to images. I'm thinking either OME/Image/Server.pm or
OME/Tasks/ImageManager.pm would be more appropriate. That's a minor
point, all in all.

Thanks for the contribution!

-Josiah