[ome-devel] Dundee OME User's Meeting-- Accomodation and Programme

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Nov 10 15:53:23 GMT 2005

Hello All-

I am writing with more details on the upcoming meeting in Dundee for
OME developers and users.  Some items to note:

-- If you will attend, please email Janice Walker
(j.z.walker at dundee.ac.uk).  We need a count of participants for
planning etc.  Please tell us if you'll need parking so we can
reserve spots.  Note that parking is in very limited supply.

-- As mentioned before, we can't pay for accommodation-- info on
hotels, B&B's etc is at http://www.dundee.ac.uk/admissions/undergrads/
hotelug.htm.  Note that we are not charging for meeting registration
etc.  If this meeting is successful, we will seek funding for future
meetings on a regular basis.

-- If you are flying into EDI, please tell Janice-- we will arrange
transport from EDI to Dundee (and return).  Note that you can fly
into Dundee on Scot Airways from London City.  You are then a short
taxi ride from the University (and taxis in Dundee are cheap!)

-- Map of the University is at http://www.dundee.ac.uk/general/
campusmap/

-- A draft programme is on the OME Tiki page at http://
cvs.openmicroscopy.org.uk/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=December+2005
+Dundee+Meeting.  Note there is time set aside for presentations from
participants to show requirements, vision, own projects, etc.  Let me
know if you want to present-- probably 20-30 mins each, depending on
how many.  These should be about your own data management efforts,
requirements, projects, etc.  There will be ample time to discuss own
projects, science, etc. so let's use these presentations for hardcore
data management topics.

-- If you have comments on programme, please send to ome-devel or ome-
users lists so that we can discuss.  We want Day 2 to be more about
strategy etc, and are just now planning this-- stay tuned.

-- Note that we will have a subsequent meeting in San Francisco on
Dec 12, coinciding with ASCB Meeting.  More about that in next day or
so.

Cheers,

Jason

**************************