[ome-devel] Shoola release and server synch. issues

Harry Hochheiser hsh at nih.gov
Tue May 31 22:33:34 BST 2005

On May 31, 2005, at 11:14 AM, Harry Hochheiser wrote:

> I've identified a concern regarding the Shoola  release candidate and
> synchronization with the server code. Currently, the chainbuilder
> depends upon access to new facades that have been added to the server.
> These facades provide hand-optimized retrieval for modules and chains,
> based on the performance optimizations I was doing a little while ago.

I've modified DMSAdapter.java to gracefully fall back to trying the
old, criteria-based approach for retrieving modules and chains when the
new facade approach fails. As a result, the chainbuilder code in HEAD
should now work against 2.4.0 and HEAD servers.

I assume the 2.4.1 rc was made off of head?  I couldn't find any tags
anywhere on CVS that would indicate the source of the 2.4.1 rc
source..if the next rc will not be taken off of head please use the
changes that I put into DMSADapter....

-harry