[ome-devel] OME Server Install on 10.4.1

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Fri May 27 12:57:30 BST 2005

Hi-

Spurred on by recent mails, we have been trying to test the install
of OME 2.4.0 server code onto OS X 10.4.1.  This testing process is
by no means finished.  Our tests have been on a freshly installed
system, totally clean.  For the moment, the fink installations
(libpng, freetype, etc.) are not working reliably.  We have not yet
tested the installation on a system upgrade (e.g., 10.3.9 -->
10.4.1), nor do we know anything about performance of an already
installed OME system after such an upgrade.  We have all the hardware
to do this, but not enough people.  We will try to get more info out
to the list as soon as we have a better idea what's going on.

Any input, experience, or info from others is more than welcome.  For
the moment, OS X 10.4.x remains unsupported, and we advise you stick
with 10.3.x.

On a side note, I am one of those people who upgraded to 10.4.1 on my
PB.  Sure I like spotlight, but I really liked it when all my
applications worked reliably back in the good ol' days of 10.3.9.
The stability and reliability I really depend on is so far missing.

Cheers,

Jason

**************************
MSI/WTB Complex