[ome-devel] OME2.4.1 releases

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Thu May 5 08:13:43 BST 2005

Hi-

Just a heads up on our progress:

-- A new version of Shoola is nearing RC stage.  There are some bug
fixes and small changes to the DataManager, etc.  The big change is the
return of a Hierarchy Browser.  This tool builds on concepts initiated
by Jeff Mellen and Harry Hochheiser.  Currently, the browser explicitly
supports the P/D/I/ and CG/C/I hierarchies, and once we get our
proposed alterations to the schema to support screening, will also
explicitly support this hierarchy as well.  Anyone interested in this
can get Shoola from CVS and give it a whirl.  Most of it is done, but
it does not yet allow definition and specification of CGs and Cs-- this
will come later this week or early next.  We are testing this here in
Dundee and could use any other feedback.  Looking for a 2.4.1 release
candidate around May 13 or so???

-- Continuing our strategy of separate but related release paths for
server and client, we will decide soon on our release path for our
server code.   There are major changes to the system that should be
released etc, but need some testing etc first.  Stay tuned for more on
this in the  next week or so.

-- as Harry mentioned, our paper on the the OME Data Model and XML file
is out and available at http://genomebiology.com/2005/6/5/R47.
Congrats to all.

Cheers,

Jason