[ome-devel] OMEIS cURL Client Library

T. J. Macura tm289 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jun 20 08:42:56 BST 2005

Hey All,

I wrote documentation about the new OMEIS cURL Client Library in the
OMEIS API section of the OME Developers website.
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/api/omeis/client-interface.html

Please look at the website for more info about the library (it is
already committed to CVS and quite thoroughly tested). Here is a small
extract:

" We provide a C client library, based on cURL, of functions  that very
closely mirror the OMEIS server HTTP interface. The library composes
and parses the  appropriate GET and POST requests allowing clients to
easily interact with OMEIS. Please read the  client interface
documentation to learn more.

Since the library was written in C, language specific bindings can
easily be written.  We exploited this to write MATLAB MEX bindings.
Please see the  MATLAB MEX interface documentation for more
information."

Tom